As our community continues to adapt to the new normal, we want to share some principles guiding our decisions about regathering as a church as well as practices and procedures. By the way, we like “regathering” versus “reopening.” We never closed our ministry; we just stopped gathering for a time. We’ve been “open” and serving all along. But when will we regather? And on what are we basing this decision?
This has been a frequently asked question, and we appreciate it. Obviously the factors are many and complex, so let’s distill it down into some principles: Guiding Principles for Willowdale.
We are not gathering for on-site services for the foreseeable future. Instead, we are releasing our weekly Sunday services online via Facebook Live, our YouTube Channel, and our App. We encourage everyone to engage with our community from home. Click HERE to view our past services.
To stay connected with us weekly, sign up to receive our eNews for weekly updates and general communication about what is going on in our church and with our partners.
Practices for Small Group Gatherings
- If possible, meet outdoors in open air
- Bring your own chairs
- Follow CDC guidelines for handwashing, social distancing and mask usage
- Bring your own beverages/snacks instead of sharing
- Be respectful of the needs and concerns of each other
Using Church Grounds or Facilities
- Before considering any onsite meeting, please contact Beth Lankenau at email@example.com to determine if appropriate space is available and for proper protocols to follow while on campus.
- When using outdoor grounds on campus it is still necessary to connect with Beth so we can manage the requests.
The pandemic is having a great impact on our community and we want you to know that we are here for you. As a church, our Care and Outreach Ministries continue to partner to serve our church body and local communities during this time of great need and challenge.
Click HERE for more information regarding our Care Ministry and how you can join the team.